Monday, March 1, 2010

Back at UNH at last!

After four days at home, I've finally returned to my true "home" at University of New Haven with Mr. Derp!
Yes, my parents have decided to call Jon and me "Mr. and Mrs. Derp"... or more simply, just "The Derps." (We say derp often.)

This morning I was so incredibly happy to be coming back to UNH that I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face during the ride there. My mom poked some fun at me for it... meanie.
I'm happy to finally be better. Being sick is definitely not something I enjoy, especially when it prevents me from eating things that I love.
Yesterday was absolutely epic in terms of dinner. My mom made homemade pizza as a bit of a parting gift, since I won't be seeing my family for another two weeks. It was possibly the most delicious thing I've had in weeks. Because of my supertasting condition, I can't have anything with tomato sauce... I find the flavor extremely offensive, to be honest. Homemade pizza is the only pizza that I can fully enjoy. I always ate cheese, bacon, and spinach pizza, and that tradition hasn't changed. I ate the whole thing.

Other than that, I finally beat Overlord last night. Total time was 22.3 hours to beat... Not bad for a game I paid less than $2 for. Steam is awesome when it comes to savings! It wasn't a bad game either. It had a pretty weak plotline, but the gameplay itself was quite fun.
That's about all that happened yesterday.

Today was really great though. I arrived today at UNH around 11:00am, and first had to settle a problem with the Admission's Office. They didn't recieve my final transcript, even though it was sent on February 1st. Either they lost it, or they never recieved it... I'll suspect the first scenario.
Well, I got an email last week saying I couldn't participate in room selection until they had my transcript. That really pissed off my mom, who called my school and confirmed that the transcript was definitely sent out. We went to the Office of Admissions to check if they ever recieved it, and they said no after searching my life. My mom has to hand deliver it tomorrow...
Normally she'd get pissed off about something like that, but I also forgot to grab the big bag of food she bought for me on the way out of my house, so she feels better that she's not just driving there to fix incompitent people's problems.

I just realized that Spell-Check is missing on the new blog post editor... Ugh, this is annoying.

But anyway.
Seeing Jon again made me so incredibly happy that I can't even explain. I missed him so much, and seeing his face again made me joyful beyond belief. Everything felt normal again. I was kind of out of it when I was back at home without him. It's tough being with somebody every day and then suddenly being apart... Especially when this person is someone whom you love dearly.
Needless to say, I'm glad to be back!

Today I talked to my friends about rooming options after attending an informational session about the upcoming room selection. One of my friends is definitely up for rooming together, another of my friends is 80% sure they want to room with us. One of my friends is on a waitlist because she's a commuter, so we don't know if she will be able to live with us or not. Hopefully things will all work out!

The day didn't end on a very good note, sadly. I was about to wash up for the night, and I went upstairs to my dorm. I forgot my bag of toiletries however, so I had to run back down to Jon's room to retrieve them. I took my laundry as well, but as I tried to figure out how to hold the laundry bag, I left the toiletry bag on Jon's bed. I climbed back up the stairs, dropped off the laundry, felt like a moron when I realized I forgot the bag, and ran back downstairs. On my way back up I suddenly felt my heartrate skyrocket. My heart felt like it was beating a hundred miles an hour, and each beat felt like an attempt to break out of my ribcage. I started to get scared as the thought of fainting on the stairs entered my mind. I didn't want to pass out and have somebody find me at the bottom of the stairs in a pool of blood.
After rushing up the rest of the stairs and getting to my dorm, I immediately sat down. My heart was going insane and I was so incredibly freaked out. My heartrate was about 170bpm when I measured beats per 15 sec, and multiplied by four. I don't know how long I sat there for, but finally my heartrate started to slow down to about 100bpm.
It scared the living daylights out of me. Thankfully nothing else happened after that, though I did have slight chest pains... My heart isn't used to beating that fast.
I guess I was still very weak from being sick.

Anyway, that's all for today!