Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Insanity of it All!

As Jon stated in the last post, my town has recently had a bit of a crisis.

We had a huge wind storm roll through on Saturday, causing half of our town to be out of power.
Even worse... A huge tree in our front yard toppled over, thankfully falling towards the road and not our house.
Unfortunately, it took out all of our power lines, ripped the wires out of the siding of our house, snapped a telephone pole into four pieces, felled the transformer, and basically blocked the road for the past four days!
My family has been without power this whole time in a 55 degree farenheit house with two flashlights and lots of candles.
No lights, no hot water, no heat, no internet!
It's a lot more unbearable than it seems.

Needless to say, I'm out of the house now, and stealing internet service from someone else's house... (shhhh!)
I'm going to the library very soon though, and will possibly upload the photos and videos I took the morning after the storm!

I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment