Thursday, April 21, 2011

Brutal Honesty

Okay, I'm going to be horribly and brutally honest right now.
I am a lazy fuck.
Am I proud of it? Hell no.
There's something slightly disturbing about the fact that I can be completely content sitting in front of a computer just about all day, browsing the web, screwing around with Creatures 3, and playing computer games.
Am I going to do something about it?
I try, but nothing ever seems to stick.

This weekend I'm finally going to turn in my job applications to Gamestop and Barnes & Noble. I've been putting it off because I don't want to go to the mall for 5 minutes just to drop off the apps. Since I can't drive, I'd probably be dragged off to a million other stores with my mom anyway.
That's something else I've been putting off... getting my license.
I kind of get the feeling that I'll have to run a lot of errands for the family if I get my license... once again, I'm lazy.

I have to figure out what the hell motivates me.
I'm getting sick of my complacency with my current lifestyle.

I guess I'm going to force myself to work on some clay things today. I made a sale on April 6th, and that made me incredibly happy.
Maybe if I work a bit more I can get another, and that happiness will motivate me to work harder?
I hope that logic works.

2 comments:

  1. Once you do get a job, though, it actually becomes a lot easier to be productive with your time. Cuz all of sudden you only have 4 or 5 hours in the day to be lazy.

    By the way, you can also take the 41/41A bus, that'll take you right to outside of the mall. Probably less pro-lazy than grabbing a ride with your mom, but think of it as an adventure! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completly understand, for me i think the weather makes me this way. but onece again you will feel much better and more accomplished once you do the things you need to do!

    ReplyDelete