Tuesday, April 5, 2011

21 Years Old?

Oh gawd, the big 21 is coming...
On April 18th I'll officially be 21. I'm a little nervous to be honest.
It seems silly because the only thing that changes is your legality regarding drinking, but despite what laws dictate, I feel like 21 is the real transition into adulthood.

When I turned 18 I had just been discharged from a psychiatric hospital for major depressive disorder, and was brooding over my current situation in the middle of Disney World.
Yeah, I definitely didn't feel like an adult at that time.
You really don't feel like much of an adult when you're still in high school finishing up your last few credits, either.
18 definitely wasn't my coming of age, even in the slightest.

How is my life like now that I'm approaching 21?
Well, I've got job applications scattered over my floor.
Depression has been completely under control for about 3 years.
I've experienced some college, though I'm taking a break.
I have an incredible boyfriend who I've been with for a year and a half. (Our year and a half mark was officially yesterday!)
As a bonus, I've picked up those "If it's not on sale, I probably won't buy it" and "If it's not broken, and can't be fixed, don't replace it" attitudes.
Guess that's what happens when you haven't had a real job yet and are strapped for cash.

To sum it up simply, I feel like I'm finally becoming an adult.
It's a weird feeling, and kind of intimidating.
This is the beginning of the rest of my life...

Anyway, in the "oh wow you can finally drink legally now" spirit, here's a link to a blog that I discovered through another blog!
(Regretsy, of course. Where else could you find links like these?)
It's a blog called Jelly Shot Test Kitchen.
Think Jell-O shots, but a lot more fancy and sophisticated.



I have NO IDEA what any of these taste like, because I'm a dork and vowed not to drink underage, and have actually managed to keep to it... but DANG do they LOOK good!

No comments:

Post a Comment