Sunday, May 22, 2011

Work vs Crafting

Since I got a job, I really haven't been crafting much. I made a few clay pieces (which I really need to photograph) and started toying around with needle-felting, but really haven't produced much at all.
In fact, it isn't until I come home from work, nap, and unwind for a few hours, that I actually feel like crafting.
This is starting to annoy me like crazy.
It's 4am, and I'm just itching to continue needle-felting... which I obviously shouldn't do, because I need to sleep. I have to be at work at 4pm tomorrow, and I'll probably be there until 1am again, mopping the stupid floors.

It seems like my life now revolves around work... either I'm at work, or recovering from work. I don't have any time or motivation to be productive outside of my job.
...and that bothers me.

I can't wait until I can go visit Jon in Delaware. I miss him like mad, and I need a week off to relax and for my body to recover.
I also hope I'll gain some muscle mass soon so I can actually get through my shift without feeling like roadkill. I have never excercised, and I'm definitely paying for that... Being on my feet nonstop for 8 hours, mopping and scrubbing, and so on is painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment