Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Taste of What's to Come!

I'm back from visiting Jon in Delaware! I had a great time, as usual!
We went to the mall, the supermarket, went for walks, watched the first two Lord of the Rings movies, and played videogames.
I didn't get to catch any frogs sadly, but we got to watch egrets, barn swallows, geese, red-winged blackbirds, bluebirds, and turkey vultures! We even saw a lone killdeer.

But don't worry, it wasn't all fun and games and bird-watching.
While we were there, we also visited craft stores.

Now that I'm back at home, I can finally put the supplies I purchased to good use!
So, what am I going to be working on next?
Here's a teaser list!

  • PINS!!! Yes, I bought a nice bag of pin-backs to attach to two clay flowers that I've already made, and will be making more soon! Don't worry, I'm not going to just make more flowers... Expect some fun and possibly geeky pins too.
  • ACEOs!!! I got my blanks in the mail, complete with protective sleeves! They're sturdy and nice quality paper, so they'll be perfect for whatever I decide to do with them.
  • MORE EARRINGS!!! I bought some more dangling earring hooks, all silver-plated and ready to attach clay charms to! Since summer is here, expect more fruit and bright things. Even better, thanks to the awesomeness of eBay, I will soon be making post-style earrings! The posts will be silver-plated as well, so no worries about nickel allergies.
  • NEEDLE-FELTED ANIMALS!!! I have two that are ready to sell already, but I'm waiting until I have a good bunch before posting them. The bluebird that I originally made for Jon will be sold, since I stupidly forgot to bring it with me to Delaware, and ended up making a whole new one on the train ride there. I also made a turtle while I was in DE, and started a parakeet on the way back home.
  • AND MORE CLAY THINGS!!! Jon, being the awesome person he is, bought me a nice set of colored clays! I finally have black, brown, and tan clays to work with, so I may finally make some animals. In addition to that, I also bought some glow-in-the-dark clay that was on clearance. I'm going to have a ton of fun with all of those clays. I also just made my first clay cane today! It features a glow pawprint with a purple and blue border. I need a razor blade to cut it with, but hopefully I'll get one this week.
  • PRINTS!!! I still have to finish my owl-person drawing, but after that, I will be scanning in some of my old drawings and editing them on the computer to add color, and also to eliminate any imperfections. Once I figure out the best method for printing (and most cost-efficient, seeing that I'm just a fledgling crafter and all) this will finally become a reality!
To put it simply, keep your eye on this blog for new crafty developments! :)
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment