Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shameless Music Promotion - We'll Die Smiling

One of my favorite record labels, Holy Roar Records, has just released an album by a new band, We'll Die Smiling.
Also, I tell about my history with my crazy music tastes!

I've always been a strange one when it comes to music.
In elementary school I was rocking out to the 80's.
In middle school, I was listening to Linkin Park, P.O.D, and other modern rock bands.
In high school my tastes shifted to emo, screamo, hardcore, and metalcore.
My fifth year of highschool (why I took an extra year is a story for another time) my tastes began to broaden to indie, popcore, alternative, and other genres.
Now that I'm in college, I've found my tastes have settled on a broad range of upbeat indie, post-hardcore, and hardcore.

One of the most reliable sources of amazing muic, as I have found, is our good friend overseas, the UK!
Holy Roar Records has been a great source of interesting and intriguing bands for me.
Cutting Pink With Knives, a now defunct grindcore/popcore band under Holy Roar, is probably one of my favorite bands of all time.
Their album Populuxxe had a huge impact on my life, both creatively, and by attaching itself to specific positive memories. (Hearing that album now makes me incredibly happy.)
Two other Holy Roar bands, Youves and Brontide, are really talented and produce some very original music.

I was overjoyed when I saw that Holy Roar was offering some free music for download.
One of these free songs is "Interdisciplinary" by a new band, We'll Die Smiling.
Upon listening to it for the first time, I was completely entranced and intrigued.
The song displays a clear disregard for the verse-chorus-verse structure that has become a music structure standard, and takes their artsy mathcore sound where most don't dare venture.
They do it quite professionally too, which is definitely impressive.

I encourage you to check them out and listen + download their free song!


No comments:

Post a Comment