Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Work and Play on Vacay: Day 2

It's five minutes past midnight and I really have to pee after downing a whole can of diet root beer, so let's get this over with.

Today was pretty much no work, and all play... but I did get some neat stuff for some work tomorrow.

Let's start with the morning.
Jon attempted to wake me up this morning, but being the nocturnal person I am, I didn't want to get up. See, my stupid alarm went off at 4:30am because I had forgotten to shut it off the morning before, and it woke me up. I couldn't fall back asleep so I browsed Instagram on my phone and played iOS games until about 6:30am or so.
I don't think I actually got up until around 11:30am, and I'm pretty sure Jon had to wake me up anyway.
I ate breakfast, we showered and got ready, and left for an adventure in Dover, Delaware at around 2:00pm.

We first stopped off at PetSmart for some "dog therapy," as I like to call it. Basically petting dogs makes everything happy. (Okay, the kitties helped a bit too, but I'm much more of a dog person.)
There weren't all that many dogs up for adoption, but there were some very friendly and cute ones... except for one. There was a very aggressive boxer that went from licking and sniffing my hand to suddenly going berserk and lunging at the cage, but thankfully I pulled my hand away in time.

Bruce was one of the more memorable ones. We went to meet the dogs on the other side of the room, then returned to his cage. He was just lying there completely still, staring at us with this crazy look on his face like, "Yep. Just airing my balls out. YOU MAD?"

My favorite was a throwaway pit bull mama, of course. She was named Hannah and we actually got to meet her in the playpen. She wanted nothing more than to coat our faces in a thick layer of dog slobber, even if it meant knocking us over on our asses.
After our dog visit, I decided to get some things I'm missing for my first venture into toy customizing and sculpting. As an early birthday present, Jon got me a fantastic set of clay sculpting tools in a handy zip-up thing. (I really can't think of the word right now. Is it a case? A bag? Ugh!) I also bought myself a journal to write some rantings in (as in the rantings I can't share on my blog) and a can of Krylon Primer White.
I can honestly say I have no idea how primer is any different than white paint, but apparently it is.

Primer, sculpting tools, journal, and leg. I'm wearing corduroys. They are unbelievably uncomfortable.

After our trip to Michael's, we went to Chick-fil-A, where I indulged in my guilty pleasure of chicken nuggets, and laughed uncomfortably at the Jesus music.
Our lunch/dinner (linner?) was pretty short, partially because I inhaled my food, and partially because the lyrics to the music were so horrifically cheesy and I didn't want to offend anyone with my giggling...
The next destination on our list was the Dover Mall, which was surprisingly pretty empty. I managed to snag a $4 scarf from Old Navy and a really nice faux-denim jacket/sweatshirt/thing from PacSun for $13.
(I'm the queen of the clearance rack, just an fyi.)
We ended our adventure with Rita's, which is a "water ice" and "custard" place... Basically "shaved Italian ice" and "extra creamy soft-serve" for those who don't speak South. 
I had mango ice with orange cream custard.

...and after, Jon is weirded out by my inevitably orange tongue.
We got back home at 7:00pm, and I honestly don't really know how I spent my time up until now. I think I'm so exhausted that time started slipping by unbelievably fast. To my knowledge, all I did was check and play on my phone while Jon played Metal Gear Solid 3, and watched an episode of Bob's Burgers.

I should probably get some sleep now. Tomorrow we need to go to Middletown to pick up my meds, which will inevitably end in us getting Rita's again. We also have to pick up Jon's mom from dialysis, and I have to finally face my fears of cracking open the box of Super Sculpey and seeing how bad my clay skills are. HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment