Saturday, August 31, 2013

Skyla's Story: Follow My Adventures Through Eorzea!

When I started playing FFXIV:ARR's beta, I decided that blog posts were going to be necessary. FFXI was such an important part of my teenage life, so the imminent release of FFXIV, a sequel in spirit, was... well, a pretty big deal!
If you've been following this blog for a while, you'll know that I did something similar with TERA, chronicling my adventures with screenshots and descriptions of what I was doing during the first week of gameplay.
(If you want to go back in time and read those posts, click here! Though it should be noted that TERA is now F2P.)

But what would best showcase the incredible storytelling that Square-Enix weaves into their MMO's?
The answer was clear...
I'd take a less narrative approach to the posts, and instead go the route of telling a story of my own.
Don't get me wrong, I have a clear dislike for fan fiction. Taking other people's characters and putting them in situations that were never intended irks me like you can't believe.
No, this will be a different kind of story.
It'll be my game character going through Square-Enix's game, and only the reactions and thoughts of that character will be my own. I won't be altering Square's storyline at all, though for obvious reasons, some NPC dialogue and quests will be truncated or left out.

I'm no author or professional writer, but doing this will be a fun and rewarding experience that I hope will showcase the magic and thrill of FFXIV's story properly.

I will be uploading a new post every Saturday and Wednesday, so check back often!
Hope you enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment