Wednesday, July 27, 2011

SOLD! + PREVIEW!

Well, I'm happy to say that my donation to the April's Army charity collective has SOLD!
Yep, that's $8 to a great cause!
That brings Hello Interloper's total amount of contributions to $22 for the year so far!
My personal goal is to donate $75 worth of crafts by the end of the year. I love what I do, and if I can help other people in need with my artwork, it makes everything so much more worthwhile!

In addition to my regular monthly contribution next month (which has yet to be made!), my mother, Hanna, will be donating some of her necklaces as well!
They have all been designed and put together by her using semi-precious stones, beads, and other authentic materials.
They're extremely beautiful, so keep an eye out for them at the end of August!

(Want to find out more about AA and the monthly charity shop? Visit the April's Army Blog for more info!)

Also, I realized that compared to the Hello Interloper Facebook Page, you blog followers have been missing out on previews of my new works and works-in-progress!
I'd advise anyone who is hungry for updates to check it out, as it's usually updated daily with a Twitter post, and also is easy to send my previews to from my phone.
You might be able to get my latest Twitter announcements at the top of the page here, but making a new blog post for a preview is a hassle, especially because I can't do it from my phone!

Since I'm already writing a post anyway, I'll show you guys my latest creation!


He still needs to trimmed of fuzzies, and my phone is a measly 1.3 megapixels so a lot of the details and shadows are lost.
In reality he's a bright yellow kitty with skyblue eyes! He stands about 4-5 inches tall I'd guess, so he's my largest needle-felted project yet. (I'm very stingy when it comes to my corriedale wool... It cost me my first paycheck from my fro-yo job, so I want it to last!)

He'll be put up for sale possibly next month, when I have more things made.
I prefer to photograph and list all of my new items at once rather than whenever they're finished... I find it saves time.

I also go back to work tomorrow... Eek! With these poked up fingers from needle-felting... it's not gonna be fun.

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Hya! its great that your doing so much for a worthy cause!

    btw, i've just started a new blog, and i really need some traffic and exposure.

    Check it out?
    http://britishteenlass.blogspot.com

    follow for a follow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i must say that you are going on the very right track..working for a good cause..best of luck!

    ReplyDelete