Friday, March 19, 2010

A Drawing and a Story

Last night, I was looking through my old drawings...

Yesterday we finally got our power back at 12:34am!
Strange time to get power back... 1, 2, 3, 4.

Unfortunately, our cable is still out, so that means no phone service, no internet, and no television.
I'm stealing a neighbor's internet at the moment, to be honest...
This morning I decided to use my computer in the family room, and saw that I could connect to their wireless internet... what a treat!

Well, last night I was very bored, and spent some time browsing my computer.
I was viewing my old drawing folder when I found this drawing:

I drew this July 30, 2009.

The meaning behind it was to express the hope that someday I would find love again, not in a sad sense, but in a hopeful, wishful-thinking way.
Seeing the picture put a smile on my face because now I know that the "empty space" in my life has been filled.

Being bored, I decided to replace the phantom boyfriend with Jon.
It actually took a lot longer than I thought, but it was fun and fulfilling to be able to "complete" the drawing.


...and there is the end result!

This is my first time ever drawing Jon, which was kind of a strange experience for me.
I rarely, if ever, draw people, let alone people who I know in real life.
To be completely honest, I have a phobia of misrepresenting people in drawings...
I just hope that this is satisfactory.

Personally, I think this is a good end to the story behind the original drawing!

That's all for now.
Hope you enjoyed this,
and much love to you, Jon!

No comments:

Post a Comment